Question Home

Position:Home>Genealogy> Is there an free way to trace someone who is not listed on the electoral registe

Question: Is there an free way to trace someone who is not listed on the electoral register!?
Im trying to find an address for my father in law who has absconded leaving me and my partner with his "leftovers" to deal with!.

I've tried directory enquiries, 192!.com, friends reunited and other such sites with no luck!. I really dont want to have to get someone to trace him for me!.

Any helpful suggestions would be welcome!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker:
Sounds as though he doesn't want to be found!. It is likely he will opt out of having his details on Electoral Roll, if he has a landline, it will be ex-directory, and he will go nowhere near Friends Reunited!. Official records like HM Revenue and Customs are subject to the Official Secrets Act, and Data Protection Act!. Same with police, if he has a record!.
Is there anything illegal with his "leftovers"!? If police get involved, they won't give you his address, but it could take pressure off you!.
You may have to employ private detective!. Sometimes they have illegal sources for information that you can't get!.
It's your partner's father!. Can he get anything out of his family!? I'm sorry, it looks like father-in-law has covered his tracks well!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

If his "leftovers" are debts and so on, and he's on benefit then social services might contact him but they aren't likely to tell you where he is, because of data protection issues!.

If his "leftovers" are personal possessions of limited value I suggest you get a message to him via his family, who seem to know where he is, and give him/them a time limit to deal with them otherwise you'll dispose of them by taking them to the nearest landfill - or you could tell them there'll be a charge for storage!.

If you believe he's guilty of benefit fraud, report him, he'll be dealt with very quickly!.

Good luckWww@QuestionHome@Com

If he really doesn't want to be found then its unlikely you will be able to find him without employing the services of a tracing agent!. Any info you have might help you though, for example do you know who he banks with, which town or area he went to, where he used to drink, etc!. Start asking around those kinds of places!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

The problem is what you want will cost you money!. The best way is using a private detective!. Gather all the information you have on him, if you have a Nat Ins number that is a great source etc!. Get a estimate before hiring anybody!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

I have to agree with Ben the bus on this one if he doesn't want to be found then he wont, the Salvation Army may be able to help with your search!.
Hope this helps!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

If he is does not want to be found then it will be hard, try contacting the Salvation Army they may be able to find hi but will not tell you where he is if he does not want to be found!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

Try his own family, brothers/sisters!.Www@QuestionHome@Com