Question Home

Position:Home>Dancing> Lame duck ballet turn?

Question: Lame duck ballet turn!?
can someone please help me find a video of the ballet turn "lame duck"Www@QuestionHome@Com

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker:
Wow these people dont know anything about dance! haha

Lame duck!.!.!.I couldn't find a video but the lady that gave you the swan lake one was correct!. (the only one) wow hahaWww@QuestionHome@Com

The proper term is a pique' entournant en de hors!. But yes, we use the term lame duck to make it simple!.!.!.don't know where that term actually came from!.

Swan Lake - Odette variation, at the end she does a series of lame ducks!.


I could not find a video anywhere!.!.!.but lame ducks are not pique turns!.

Pique is step passe turn

lame duck is step step passe turn, like a pique with one more step

edit: haha it seems like no one knows this turn!.!.i love lame ducks!.!.their easy!!!Www@QuestionHome@Com

Lame Ducks are one of my favorite things to do!!!! I cant believe no one knew what you were talking about!. but yeah the site that was given was correct and they can also be done in Coupe instead of Passe!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

this is also called a a pique!. here are links to a few videos:



hope i helped!


that is NOT an Original name for a ballet turn, maybe it's a name ur teacher made up to make class more fun!. Ask ur teach what's the real name for it!Www@QuestionHome@Com

I have NEVER even HERD of THAT!
But I did look it up and nothing came up!.!. SORRY! mabey if you found the original french name for it!.!.!.Www@QuestionHome@Com

I believe they are called step overs also!?
You have a link to it also, so I will not put one!.
Hope I helped!Www@QuestionHome@Com

Lame duck-haha yeah I don't think that's a turn lovey!.
maybe look at pique turns!?